List of Stoning done by Islamic Regime of Iran (1986-1997)
1. The court ordered the 33-year old woman, identified only as Masoumeh, stoned for adultery in accordance with the country's Islamic laws and gave her a 15-year jail term for complicity in her husband's murder, the Qods daily said.
2. On July 13, 1997, Kayhan reported that Changiz Rahimi was sentenced to death, stoning and payment of fine for committing murder and adultery.
3. On October 26, 1997, six individuals were stoned in Sari, the provincial capital of Mazandaran. This was reported by Salaam daily and international news agencies. The names of the victims were given as Fatemeh Danesh, Masoumeh Eini, Marzieh Fallah, Ali Mokhtarpour, Parviz Hasanzadeh and Kheirollah Javanmard.
4. AFP, June 8, 1996 Hamshahri reported on Saturday that a man and a women were stoned in the city of Oroumieh on murder and adultery charges. Shahin Soltan-Moradi had murdered her husband with the help of her lover, Mohammad Ali Hemmati in November 1994.
5. On July 14, 1995, Amnesty International reported that two women by the names of Saba Abdali, 30, and Zeinab Heidary, 38, were faced with stoning in the city of Ilam Gharb.
6. AFP, 11 November 1995, quoting Jomhouri Islami reported that a man was stoned in the city of Hamedan.
7. AFP, December 7, 1994 Hamshahri reported that a woman and a man were recently stoned to death in Ramhormouz on murder and adultery charges.
8. AFP, November 16, 1994 Abrar reported on Wednesday that three Iranians including a woman were stoned in the city of Sari (northern Iran), after being found guilty of adultery and rape by the Islamic court.
9. On August 10, 1994, in the city of Arak, a woman was sentenced to death by stoning.
10. On December 7, 1994, Reuters quoted a state-controlled newspaper report by Hamshahri, on a married woman who was stoned to death in the city of Ramhormouz, southwestern Iran.
11. Ressalat, March 1, 1994, read: "A woman was stoned to death in the city of Qom."
12. Kayhan of February 1, 1994, reported that a woman named Mina Kolvat was stoned to death in Tehran for having immoral relations with her cousin.
13. The U.N. Special Representative on the human rights situation in Iran reported to the U.N. General Assembly in 1993: "On November 1, 1992, a woman named Fatima Bani was stoned to death in Isfahan."
14. Abrar reported on November 5, 1991 that a woman charged with immoral relations was stoned in the city of Qom.
15. According to Kayhan, August 21, 1991, a woman charged with adultery by the name of Kobra was sentenced to 70 lashes and stoning. The verdict was carried out in the presence of local people and district officials.
16. Jomhouri Islami wrote on March 11, 1991, that in Rasht (northern Iran), "Bamani Fekri, child of Mohammad-Issa, guilty of complicity in first-degree murder, adultery and incineration of the victim's body; was sentenced to stoning, retribution, blinding of both eyes and payment of 100 gold dinars. After the announcement of the verdict, she committed suicide in prison."
17. Ressalat reported on January 16, 1990, that a woman was stoned to death in the city of Bandar Anzali (northern Iran).
18. Ettela'at reported on January 5, 1990: "Two women were stoned publicly on Wednesday in the northern city of Lahijan."
19. Jomhouri Islami, January 2, 1990: "Two women were stoned in the city of Langrood (northern Iran)."
20. Kayhan wrote on July 31, 1989: "Six women were stoned to death publicly in Kermanshah on charges of adultery and moral corruption."
21. Kayhan, April 17, 1989, quoted the Religious judge and head of the Fars and Bushehr Justice Department as sentencing 10 women to stoning to death on prostitution charges which were immediately carried out.
22. In October 1989 in the city of Qom one woman was stoned to death.
23. Tehran radio, reported on March 6, 1989 that a women was stoned in Karaj for committing adultery."
24. Kayhan, October 4, 1986, reported that a 25-year-old woman named Nosrat was stoned to death in the city of Qom. She died after an hour of continuos stoning.
25. On April 17, 1986 a woman was stoned to death in the city of Qom. Prior to being stoned, she was whipped in public.
26. In July 1980, four women were simultaneously stoned to death in the city of Kerman.
Back to Home Page